- Tips For Good Health
Tips for a Good Night's Sleep
- Go to sleep at the same time each night, and get up at the same time each morning, even on weekends.
- Don't take naps after 3 pm, and don't nap longer than 20 minutes.
- Stay away from caffeine and alcohol late in the day
- Avoid nicotine completely
- Get regular exercise, but not within 2-3 hours of bedtime
- Don't eat a heavy meal late in the day. A light snack before bedtime is okay
- Make your bedroom comfortable, dark, quiet, and not too warm or cold
- Follow a routine to help you relax before sleep like reading or listening to music. Turn off the TV and other screens at least an hour before bedtime.
- Don’t lie in bed awake. If you can’t fall asleep after 20 minutes, do something calming until you feel sleepy like reading or listening to soft music.
- Talk with a doctor if you continue to have trouble sleeping.
https://www.cancer.org Accessed February 2023
The article written above is for informational and educational purposes only. For serious medical and health concerns, please consult a licensed health provider.