Tips for Cultivating a Zero-Waste Lifesyle
- Simplify. Think twice before buying just about anything, from consumer goods to furniture to clothing and electronics. Do you really need it?
- Make plastic the enemy. Cut out plastics from our lives as much as possible. Avoid buying items made of plastic or packaged in plastic whenever possible.
- Favor reusable items. Instead of using tissue, carry a cloth handkerchief. Phase all single-use products out of your life such as plastic dishware, silverware and straws. Buy higher quality items that last long instead of disposable varieties, doing so can cost you less in the long run as well.
- Filter your own water. Instead of buying water in bottles, jugs or from a delivery service, invest in a water filtration pitcher and filter your tap water. When taking water along with you, use a reusable glass or safe metal bottle to transport it.
- Think ahead. Most importantly, whenever you purchase anything at all, think ahead to its entire life cycle. Be thoughtful about every item you purchase and mindful of its potential impact on the environment.
https://www.lrsrecycles.com. Accessed December 2021
The article written above is for informational and educational purposes only. For serious medical and health concerns, please consult a licensed health provider.