Mental Health Tips for Seniors During COVID-19
- Take breaks from news stories and social media.
- Relax by taking deep breaths, stretching, or meditating.
- Eat healthy, well-balanced meals.
- Exercise regularly, get plenty of sleep and avoid alcohol and drugs.
- Make time to unwind with activities you enjoy.
- Connect with others at a distance over the phone, with messaging apps, even stand on the front porch and shout to neighbors next door!
- Talk with people you trust about your concerns and how you are feeling.
- Contact your doctor if feelings affect your daily activities for several days in a row.
https://vitalityseniorliving.com. Accessed September 2021.
The article written above is for informational and educational purposes only. For serious medical and health concerns, please consult a licensed health provider.