Enjoy the festive season without the worries of getting those extra weight.
1. Avoid events or visits on an empty stomach to prevent overeating or over-indulging on festive treats. Start the day with a healthy and balanced breakfast with wholegrain foods, low-fat protein, and fruit.
2. Eat until you are no longer hungry, not until you feel full. Give your body time to register that there is food in your stomach. If you eat until you feel full, this will make you overeat.
3. Be wise on what you eat. Choose foods high in fiber because these will keep you fuller or longer. Before the main course, fill up with a healthy dish containing lots of low-energy dense-foods such as salads or vegetable soups.
4. Opt for a few glasses of water instead of having a bottle of juice, a soda, or an alcoholic drink. Consume 330 mL of water that fills you up as much as a 330 mL can of a soft drink — minus the calories.
5. Say ‘later’ when you have trouble saying ‘no’. Delay an offer if you feel you cannot decline the host insisting to ladle food on your plate.
6. Eat slowly and chew your food thoroughly. Focus on the socializing rather than eating.