Guide to a Zero Waste Lifestyle
- Get rid of single-use items. Bring your own grocery bags to the store. You can also bring your own bottle and mug to use when going to a coffee shop.
- Reuse what you already have. You don’t have to buy new eco-friendly items; you can simply reuse what you already have. For example, empty glass jars can be reused for food storage, an old shirt can be a makeshift produce bag.
- Take your leftovers home. Whether it is clean food that can be reheated or food waste that can be given to your pets, take it home.
- Learn how to compost your wastes. If you don’t have access to a backyard or curbside composting, consider using worm bins designed for apartments.
- Make it fun. It’s challenging to shift a lifestyle, why not challenge then reward yourself. You can make DIY produce bag with your kids or sister, this could also be a way to get them involved.