Caring for Your Ear, Nose, and Throat
Did you ever wonder, whenever you got runny nose, why it affects your hearing and it makes your throat clogged up or itchy? It’s simply because your ear, nose and throat are intricately linked. Here are care tips to prevent ENT infections.
Care tips for ear:
- Clean your ears with extra care. You can use cotton buds or a washcloth to wipe the outer ear.
- Earwax is triggered by your ear’s self-cleaning. For wax build-ups, visit your doctor to have it removed.
- For pierced ears, make sure to regularly clean your earrings and earlobes with rubbing alcohol.
Care tips for nose:
- You can clean your nose with cotton buds and warm, mildly salty water. Make sure not to swab further into your nasal passages.
- If possible, use a humidifier to keep the air in your room or home humid. Using a humidifier at night can also help in alleviating snoring.
Care tips for throat:
- Maintaining a healthy throat is as simple as remembering to stay hydrated. When temperature is low, make sure your drinks are not too cold.
- Avoid or cut down on smoking.
- Prevent infection by making it a habit to change your toothbrush every month.
https://www.my.clevelandclinic.org. Accessed November 2020.
https://www.healthguidance.org. Accessed November 2020.
https://www.emedihealth.com. Accessed November 2020.